Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Catalonia's cinderellas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2017 at 22:54
Originally posted by Panterra Panterra wrote:

Curious that the right-hand stamp is all in Russian!

Many Exhibitions, Expositions, Events and Fairs, especially European ones, have issued labels in different languages, they make quite an interesting and often beautiful collection in their own right.
The 1912 Stockholm Olympic games spring to mind but there are many.
Might make for a nice thread that can be added to as labels are found or seen.

LB1
cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 02:56

It will be a pleasure to have you in Barcelona, Michael. And, you're right; althought our language is Catalan, we've cinderellas in Spanish, French, English, Esperanto...Even, in Latin.

cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 01:26

October, 1920, Barcelona Trade Fair.

Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 06:09
Are you OK Joan ? Bad news is coming to our screens...........
cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 04:45
After a mourning period for the tragegy of August 17th. Im showing some cindererellas and a mini-sheet showing the Catalan Freedom Fighting Flag, issued just yesterday on our annual stamp gathering at Artesa de Segre (150 km West of Barcelona).

Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 09:54
I was worried about you hence the messages and email. Terrible times.
On a brighter note, can you get me a copy of those labels and what looks like a folder ? I will pay all costs. They are lovely and are made for my Cinderella Flag Collection !!

Pretty Please !

Londonbus1
cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 19:41

Thank you for your interest, both in us and in our cinderellas. There are, actually, 6 cinderellas and a dozen mini-sheets printed on a number of papers and inks. All of them inside a special cover.

They were printed by a friend of mine, who organizes the gathering. As he's not rich, he just prints cinderellas for the attendants. I'll ask him if he have any left and I'll be very glad to send them to you.

By the way, cannot show material like this on Spanish speaking fòrums, as they're mad against anything related to the Catalan Independence. I've stopped posting there. 

cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 03:50

Click to enlarge

Postcard with a cinderella with the real colours of Catalonia's Freedom flag, cirdulated on August 28th 2017, from Artesa de Segre to Barcelona, "cancelled" with a private "postmark".

cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 00:13

2006 Catalonia's National Day

Click to enlarge

Krygon View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Krygon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 23:36
Perhaps it's time for Catalonia to issue some more stamps - perhaps commemorating the recent push for independence. Maybe some capable artistamp producer will offer his/her services?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>