Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Revenues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State of Ohio Prepaid Sales Tax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomiseksj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State of Ohio Prepaid Sales Tax
    Posted: 12 August 2017 at 04:44
I collect prepaid sales tax receipts (stamps) issued by the State of Ohio (U.S.) between 1935 and 1961.

Seven different printers produced these stamps for the State during their period of usage. 

Over the course of their use, four major design types were produced. The stamps of the first three design types were issued in 12 denominations; the final design type included only three denominations. 

An example of the first major design type stamps, printed by Reserve Lithograph Company, is shown below.

More information on these stamps may be viewed at thestampforum.boards.net/post/38173/thread.

Steve Tomisek
APS#130102, SRS#1570, ATTS
Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2017 at 18:55
They look gorgeous set out like that. To my eye they are one of the best. Thanks Steve for reminding me I must sort my little lot out nicely too !!

LB1
tomiseksj View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomiseksj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 01:51
This design type was what first attracted me to them. Unfortunately, the later design types became progressively less appealing. I've also got a small pile waiting to be sorted...someday.
Steve Tomisek
APS#130102, SRS#1570, ATTS
 Post Reply Post Reply