Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April fools gift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 08:04
Two?!  You've been spoilt!  Big smile
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

phalarope View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote phalarope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2019 at 07:02
I stopped in looking for clues.  I too have received one of these, although mine seems to have a naughty sport in the upper left, a spray of yellow drops.LOL  Mine was posted from the UK.
Cheers -

phalarope

'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'

-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips.
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 06:56
Just to add that the sheet I received from the US was accompanied by a printed "information" sheet with the following text.

For the Year of the Incontrovertible Skunk,
To Disclose one of the Greatest Fools of History,
An illegitimate Discworld Emberella.
Man With Skunk
(the Skunky Trump)
1st of a Series (maybe)
Produced in Collusion with a Witch Hunt
DICO DICO DICO
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 09:50
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

Top suspects Carole, Keith and Steve. Not necessarily  in that order Wink

I'm very flattered tbe mentioned in such exalted company but it wasn't me.  And I have received nothing in the post; that makes me doubly innocent! Cry

Keith
staples View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 22:12
Originally posted by phalarope phalarope wrote:

mine seems to have a naughty sport in the upper left, a spray of yellow drops.LOL  Mine was posted from the UK.

Please! Someone, post up a decent scan so we can all share in the fun  :-)  :-)
fair play
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2019 at 07:23
As requested, here is a scan of the sheet with a better resolution.

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2019 at 07:28
Here is the original Discworld stamp shown as the common and the sport. For those not in the know, Discworld stamps are produced with a, rare, deliberate error known as a sport. Chasing these sports is, perhaps, the secret of their success.

Great Artworks by Spicer57, on Flickr

The original Discworld versions are smaller than the parodies.
oookgirl View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote oookgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 22:33
Thank you Daniel. Is anyone going to confess designing these stamps?  Does anyone want to sell me some please?!  I would prefer them to come from the manufacturers but if anyone wants to sell theirs I guarantee total discretion.
OK!!!
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2019 at 12:22
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

Curiouser and curiouser.

I have today received a second sheet of the same design. I am going to check whether I can see any differences between the two sheets when I have a chance later.

The most immediately intriguing thing relates to the question of "who created this?".

The first one I received was posted to me on 29th March in the UK and carries a cancellation from the Royal Mail centre near Filton, Gloucestershire which processes mail from the Bath, Bristol, Gloucester and Taunton areas using a single "Royal Mail / BA, BS, GL, TA / Mail Centre" inkjet cancellation.

Whereas the second one I received was posted to me on 1st April in the US and carries a cancellation from "Eastern Shore MD 216". I can think of a forum member both here and on the Emporium's forum who just happens to live in Maryland.

Both envelopes carry stickers with the same "Dico Dico Dico" motto of the Fools' Guild and the same flopped illustration of a fool from the April Fools Day LBE of 2006.

and your conclusion exonerates me?
phalarope View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote phalarope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2019 at 11:27
Originally posted by oookgirl oookgirl wrote:

Thank you Daniel. Is anyone going to confess designing these stamps?  Does anyone want to sell me some please?!  I would prefer them to come from the manufacturers but if anyone wants to sell theirs I guarantee total discretion.
Well Joolz got 2, the lucky duck. Discrete cough.
Cheers -

phalarope

'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'

-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12