Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

German Cinderellas from 1912

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote Count_Grishnackh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German Cinderellas from 1912
    Posted: 06 June 2019 at 04:39
Hi there!

New member here, although I'm not a collector (apologies if this is the wrong place for this thread)... For the past few days Ive been emailing various people around the globe, trying to find some information regarding a collection I have in my possession. My search has lead me here...and it seems if I cant get help here of all places then I am truly lost.

So... I have German Cinderella collection from mostly 1912, which I've inherited from my late grandmother. As Ive explained Im having a super hard time finding any information about them.  How collectable are they? Rarity? Value ? Are they even worth going through the trouble to find a buyer? etc But I'm sure thats just the nature of Cinderellas? Through my own layman research, Ive seen 1 or 2 of what I currently have, listed on Ebay, so I cant think there are very many around?

From what I can make out there are mostly complete sets in very good condition (well ... for being over 100 years old in any case) Great colour that still pops and a nice mix of photos, intricate illustrations to what I'd call, very old school graphic design.

Apart from my previous queries, one though I had was to transfer them to a newer/proper stamp collectors book, would you advise this?
Any information and/or contacts will be greatly appreciated , thank you for your time.

Here are some pics (about 1/8 of the collection)

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2019 at 22:50
Welcome to the Forum!

I hope you can find some help here, and thank you for posting pictures - we do not get enough members posting photos here  :-)   

What a fantastic collection!

How have the stamps been fixed into the albums?  My personal advice would be not to interfere with the original albums, particularly if you are thinking of selling the stamps at some later stage.  

Good luck - have you joined the Cinderella Stamp Club?
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 07:52
A nice collection indeed. I suspect there's none of any real high value there, but financial worth to me is not as importnat as aesthetic worth. I have been quietly adding to a similar collection of my own. some can be seen in my own posts such as I leke mine Black with a number of sets of stamps that were included with coffee products in the early 20th century.
Count_Grishnackh View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote Count_Grishnackh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2019 at 00:35
Thanks for the replies!

How have they been fixed to the albums? .... uh .... licked? haha I have no idea but , with age I can easily pull them off, some have come lose already.

I did come across Cinderella Stamp Club, but seemed far too formal for a me a non-collector.

No help just yet :( but I have been chatting to a very nice Ebay seller I messaged (not to buy, just for information) he mentioned Aviation, Airships,Ships, Railway, Military, Propaganda and Nazi Era "stamps" are the more popular stuff, but in general sets usually go for 2-6$.. Not that I thought I was sitting on something valuable (but maybe I was hopeful hehe)
If nothing comes of it right now Ill just put them away for safe keeping and maybe revisit this 20 years from now.

You'll be happy to know I've taken pics of the whole collection, you can view them on my dropbox.
I created a rig for my phone and positioned it next to a window for optimal natural lighting (unfortunately i missed 2 pages and had to take them after my rig had already been dismantled)

Enjoy :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7cgml5bcponyeuj/AAAJsggdt1Zc2brLf8VtuKE2a?dl=0

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2019 at 08:43
The albums are interesting in themselves. The German words Relkame Marken means advertising stamps. In other words, these are purpose made Cinderella stamp albums and must be relatively rare. You should not attempt to remove the stamps from the albums, you may cause damage, and they sit perfectly well as they are.

It is good to have sets/part sets and I think that the pictorial stamps will be the better items. It is difficult to give a precise valuation since prices for Cinderellas can vary wildly. For example, I recently purchased a joined pair of rocket mail stamps for £4.50. The same pair of stamps is currently on sale for £125!

I'm sure they have some significant value and should you choose to sell them you have done much of the work of taking pictures of the collection and you would just need to state if they are affixed using stamp hinges or completely stuck done.

Good Luck and thanks for sharing.
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2019 at 03:54
Originally posted by Count_Grishnackh Count_Grishnackh wrote:

Here are some pics (about 1/8 of the collection)

It is really great to see such a wonderful collection of old German poster stamps!  And you say this is only a small part of the collection!

Most of us would be lucky to acquire two or three of these beauties in a lifetime of collecting, so it is fortunate that your grandmother has made the effort to hunt out so many of them.  They seem to have been stored well, as no sign of rust or creasing.

My advice (unless you want to keep them for the sentimental value) would be to join the Cinderella Stamp Club, and submit the album to the CSC auctioneer with a reserve of £400 and an estimate of £450.

Though I expect such a huge collection would sell for way more than this.  After all, when was the last time such a collection ever surfaced?

Good luck!
regards, Bruce.
 Post Reply Post Reply