Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotstamps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotstamps
    Posted: 09 August 2019 at 07:37
Hi, I have this booklet of "Scotstamps" (cinderellas) that I cannot find any information about on-line, tried all combinations of the info in the booklet and have come up with nothing at all. does anyone have any info on them?

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2019 at 12:39
I have not seen these before, but I have seen quite a few Scottish nationalistic cinderellas, usually with a picture of Robbie Burns and/or the saltaire. I can only guess these were of a similar nature, perhaps with the hope people might use them in lieu of Royal Mail stamps. That might get them into the newspapers. If so you could date them to when 17p was the first class postage rate.
I notice the map omits St Kilda and Fair Isle. tut tut
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2019 at 12:27
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

I have not seen these before, but I have seen quite a few Scottish nationalistic cinderellas, usually with a picture of Robbie Burns and/or the saltaire. I can only guess these were of a similar nature

I agree with Steve's assessment that these fall under the Scottish nationalist category and the booklet suggests using them on postcards etc, but those others were usually rouletted, these are not just perforated, they are comb perforated indicating that they must have been professionally printed.

17p was the first class postage rate in 1984.

Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2019 at 15:00
How about writing a letter to the address given on the booklet?  They maybe still have stocks!

(or if not, maybe they could be talked into resuming them!)
 Post Reply Post Reply