Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Velopost, UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velopost, UK
    Posted: 23 June 2020 at 07:21
Velopost was a bicycle letter/packet delivery service operating in the UK cities of Bath, Bristol and Edinburgh.  The company was set up in 2011, but, appears to have ceased operations in 2019.

There were initially 3 designs for each City, 1. normal letter,  2. large letter,  3. Packet.

I only have the standard letter stamps, one for Bath and three different designs for Bristol.  I do not have one but have seen an elongated version of the standard letter rate Bristol stamp.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 09:32
Very nice!

The Royal Mail do not seem to like private cycle delivery companies, I seem to remember a Penny Farthing Post Service which arrived in a blaze of (probably unsought) publicity, produced some stamps, and then also disappeared. The owner was a member of this forum too. I wonder what happened?
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

guyana1230 View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 04:58
 Post Reply Post Reply