Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Isle of Vue Valentine's Issue...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 20:09
Just wanted to confirm that I am
1) definitely interested in your stamps
2) not bothered what the date is when you release them (as long as it's soon!!)
3) hoping that you are OK
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 13:31
Colin,
Also, how about moving the theme from being 'date specific' (Valentine's, Christmas etc) to something more general. In which case it wouldn't matter so much if it was issued late, it could still be Isle of Vue. Or make Valentine's Day 'a moveable feast' on the Isle of Vue.
Just thinking of ways to take the pressure off you.
All best wishes,
Daniel
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 22:48
Thank you everyone for the support, andthe kind thoughts and advice.

The 'problem' has been more of a combination of things out of my control - some very good, some not so good, and a couple of absolute stinkers - and something had to give.  I don't want to put down on a public forum exactly what, but I genuinely hope/expect that it will not happen again.   

It just goes to show that even when you reach a ripe old age and sometimes everything appears on the face of it to be getting rather repetitive and even predictable, it never pays to take anything for granted.

In the meantime I am bashing on with the Valentine's issue - definitely a moveable feast this year - it's almost there  :-)  

Thank you all again.  
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 03:10
Sending you positivity, Colin. We've been manic over the past three months with property stuff which has felt much more out of our control than we would have liked but has in the end mostly come together as planned with a couple of pieces still to slot into place though. So very glad not to have missed your issue whilst my attention has been very distracted and looking forward to something exciting from you in the near future. You'll be sending it to a new address though which will be quite a change for us after 21 years!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 00:22
Thanks for the positive vibes Julian, and congratulations on moving house - I am envious!

I'm working on the stamps again today, so a little bit nearer to completion... I will keep you posted.

Thanks again  :-)

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 03:32
Here's a little work-in-progress photo...

Today I started to bring together all of the individual items that make up this year's issue, just to get a proper overview of what is still missing or needs finishing. Until today it has been scattered across different storage boxes in different parts of the house - as each element has been finished it as been stored separately as space allowed - so it's great to see it coming together as a single piece of work at last.

I've tried to avoid any spoilers in the photo below but best to not look TOO closely!

Still a way to go but as I said, it's all work in progress.  I just want you to know that I haven't fallen off the planet, just yet  :-)

All best, stay tuned!!!

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 08:06
Many thanks for the update Colin
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 09:17
Excellent news Colin. Anticipation is a thing... :)
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2022 at 04:39
Looks exciting and enticing, Colin!
roc-chic View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote roc-chic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2022 at 23:31
Might the 2022 issue become the 2023 issue?  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>