Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Something a bit different - Sunday School stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something a bit different - Sunday School stamps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 10:11
I have just updated the web pages with some new additions. Most are regular UK albums, but some odd items too. There's a home made album from 1943 when obviously albums were in short supply and it was a case of 'Make Do'. There's a second US album that ran for 13 weeks instead of a year, so this may be the norm there. And there is some exercise books pages where someone has pasted blocks of stamps that were obviously left overs.
Then I have made a start at scanning in entire albums. Got quite a few done, but still a lot to go.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2014 at 00:54
I have finally made time to update my collection web site. A small mountain of albums had to be scanned and written up. There are now over 160 albums in my collection, including some odds and ends. Please have a look so that all my hard work is not in vain

Just Click Here. I think this might be one of the largest of such collections in the world now. Certainly there is nothing to compare on the web.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 04:59
I haven't posted on this thread for nearly a year!!

There are some good reasons. Firstly, while I have been adding to the collection, mostly the new aqcquisitions have been much the same format - a lttle album with spaces for 52 or more stamps. I have had some new titles though

Secondly, when I started this I really had no idea of the scope and the range of these albums. There are more series to collect, a range of years for each, and sometimes alternate formats for a series.

I have also added sets of albums collected by siblings. So a year series of 4 or 5, from 2 or 3 children.

So you can imagine how these can build up. In fact I have so many to scan in and accomodate it has become a daunting task. This is a picture of those albums yet to be scanned.

I think I am need of an upaid volunteer helper with these. Please pm me with your CV and I will arrange interviews
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 06:28
If you read the small print Steve, I think you'll find your reward for such works will be waiting for you in heaven. In the meantime you have to wander alone through the wilderness, resisting temptation....
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Bas S Warwick View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 09:20
Amazing hoard Steve......I've been on the lookout here but seen nothing other than a 'missed you at church last week - hope to see you next week' postcard.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 04:01
A bit different are these sheets I recently got. They come from a publisher I haven't come across before, so I have no idea what the collector's books look like. They have taken a different approach in not only having different sheets for girls and boys, but also having 6 different themes for the stamps per sheet. There must be at least 6 different sheets; is that in total or per year? I have no idea. From the cars featured on the boys sheet these date from the mid 1960s. The edges are a bit tatty and they have been folded a bit funny, which combined with their size makes them hard to get a half decent photo.

Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 10:57
Great stuff Steve....Those trains look mighty interesting - I can see a Class A4 4-6-2 Pacific steam locomotive - you would think it might be 'Mallard' which broke a steam record. However Mallard is blue - so that might be Dwight D Eisenhower, Sir Nigel Gresley, Silver Link, Dominion of Canada, Empire of India, or any one of the marvellous beasts. Great loco's - having seen most of the iron horses belching and spitting at Kings Cross when I was a wee lad. Those were the days my friend - we thought they'd never end Big smile
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 11:03
The King class was my thing - Paddington to Snow Hill and beyond. Shame they brought the tone down with a DMU on one stamp However, now those evoke nostalgia and a heritage line near me offers rides in one at weekends
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 21:07
.........ah the golden age of British steam
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 09:14
These stamps, dating from 1908, are from the Faith Press which went on to produce the most popular Sunday School attendence stamps. They show their age, but I like that they used animals to represent the 7 deadly sins.

I am sure I could qualify for sloth, greed and gluttony stamps to complete the set.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>