Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Selling, buying or trading cinderella stamps > Market Place
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

STONEHENGE Stamps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 02:45

I might do a special cover bringing together all the Stonehenge stamps, next year. It was in the original plans but its been such a bizarre year for me that it got sidetracked.  Fingers crossed!

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 20:43
Got mine, thanks!

And thank you for those extra stamps.  Surely you can't afford to give away stamps in the singles bags each time?  They are even nicer to look at than they look on the askmeaboutstamps site.

They might be few and far between but the stamps I have bought from Colin and other members here are so superior to what I have seen on offer at the Discworld shop recently.  That parody of the seahorse stamp is a poor attempt at what should have been a really memorable issue.

Colin, will there be another stamp issue before next February, assuming you are doing a Valentines next year?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 21:19
Those Stonehenge stamps on Askme were scanned from a cover that had been postally used. They are actually a pre-release version of the stamps, and not the better quality ones that you now possess.

Must see if Keef is willing to replace those with better.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 21:40
David, All I did to 'create' the extra stamps in each singles bag was to open up some of the previous envelopes I had left over from earlier issues. 

PLEASE feel free to trade these or swap them with other collectors - or of course you could buy whole sheets if any of those extra stamps really appeal to you!  You can use the trading section here to swap or take your chances selling on eBay.

Most of the old issues are still available so if you bear with me while I find them it will definitely prove better value than buying from eBay. 

Keith and Steve's pictures on askme? I like them very much in their more authentic post-Royal Mail state - if they had come from a parallel universe they ought to be a little less than pristine!  No need to change those in my opinion, to me they look more like proper stamps.  I noticed that in a previous thread elsewhere you said it would be nice for Discworld stamps in LBEs to be in a similar state as the used kiloware that collectors here have to pick through - and I would agree with that!

Anyway, very happy that you like the stamps! As for other issues this year - nothing certain, I have been scrapping designs and starting something else until I am happy, and it is too far away for me to be thinking about Valentines yet!

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 23:59
Good point Colin.

as you may know, I am not averse to 'used' examples. Gives them a bit of history and creedence.
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 00:01
Originally posted by bearstone bearstone wrote:

They are even nicer to look at than they look on the askmeaboutstamps site.

Go wash your mouth out with soap & water.

I too don't like the existing images.  They were the best we could do at the time.  Now we have sheets and know about the varieties we need to look at revising the whole page.  Whether that will have "kiloware" images or not remains to be seen.

By the way.  I agree with Steve.  Avebury is so much better than Stonehenge.  You can actually enjoy yourself there.  It deserves its own set too Colin.  In fact all the things around there, such as Silbury Hill, deserve commemorating in this way.  Get to it Colin:)

Keith
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 06:12
I am getting some of the 51N Minisheets reprinted and perfed so please let me know if you'd like one set aside.  I had no idea these would be so poular.

The Bay listings end in 3 days but the stamps are still available all year round.

Thanks to everyone who bought the Stonehenge range  Smile

I have taken all your comments on board...

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 03:15
Colin is this an appropriate time to remind you about the Penny Jacks?
Or are those on the furthest back burner these days?
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 04:16
Keith, 
As a veteran who worked with the welfare team at Stonehenge free festival for 7 years from 1978 - 1984 I have to tell you that it used to be possible to have more fun than kittens at Stonehenge... Some people had so much fun that they haven't really ever come down since!
I fully agree that Avebury is a far larger monument, and that it is far more open than Stonehenge, but given that people actually live within the ring there we were never allowed to have a full on festival there. It's a much nicer site to visit though.  
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 05:12
Steve - I have had a batch of Penny Jacks printed for a couple of months now but not yet sent them off for perfing.  I have to wait until I have some more sheets to send over, then will do all at once. Hope that makes sense.  Everyone who has ordered will be told as soon as they are ready.

Charles - I would dearly love to do a set based on Avebury, but have other plans in the short term.

Next year, I hope, will be back to 'normal'.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>