Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rarest of the Rare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:27
Two rare small sheets on thin card, not generally available. The top sheet is an Artist's Proof - Final Trial of Overlay Artworks for Hogswatch (Christmas) stamps and a sheet of sports, deliberate errors, for another Hogswatch issue depicting a post box. With some sports being more subtle than others, including various degrees of blood on the snow. {Mongooses were introduced into post boxes to keep down the snake population which were introduced to reduce the toad population which were introduced to reduce the number of snails :D }

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:33
This item was given to those who had donated stamps for a charity, only about 52 were issued as this certificate. The stamp may be difficult to see but it features Lord Vetinari's shield.

Scan_20200628 by Daniel, on Flickr
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:38
From time to time prize tickets were available in the LBEs for limited edition sheets. Here is one example 10 only awarded:

Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2022 at 11:00
Those are some lovely examples of your horded treasures Daniel! I acquired a couple of items I'd been after for some time today: The Golem Trust mini sheet, and sheet of Black Madisons! :) 
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617