Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Selling, buying or trading cinderella stamps > Market Place
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Strange Stamps: Mark Valentine & Colin Langeveld
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Stamps: Mark Valentine & Colin Langeveld

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange Stamps: Mark Valentine & Colin Langeveld
    Posted: 26 December 2013 at 00:51
Alas the link doesn't work anymore... 
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2013 at 21:49
Thanks Mick, glad you liked it.

Mark
Bokassa View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bokassa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 16:19
Mark:
I got my Bletting Medlars etiquette in the mail today, and it looks damn good. Thanks so much.
Mick
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2013 at 04:39
The latest issue from Strange Stamps is a Bletting Medlars Etiquette:

Bletting Medlars. First issue, December 2013. 200 copies. Perforated (not shown in the picture).

These etiquettes were designed to be affixed to boxes of medlar fruit from the tree in my garden, for posting to friends. The medlar is a fruit best eaten when in decay, when its tawny golden skin turns to a smoky purple: this is known as “bletting”. The taste has been described as “like leafmould and apple sauce” or more kindly like that of dates with a slight of undertow of Stilton. The wording of the etiquette – “With Care” – reflects similar labels used by the Royal Mail in the past for perishable and fragile goods, even eggs. Photograph: Mark Valentine (“A Frail of Bletting Medlars”).

Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 03:35
A picture may now be seen, at http://strangestamps.blogspot.co.uk/.
The stamp is, however, perforated (not shown).

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 01:11
A picture would be nice Mark - from the description it sounds great.  Wink

The North Norfolk coast has really suffered during October.
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2013 at 21:29
Announcing a new issue:

34. Sandcastle Island. October 2013. 200 copies. Local, the first and last issue before the island was engulphed by the sea.  This ephemeral kingdom was briefly seen on  Brancaster Sands, Norfolk, in October 2013 before it fell to the waves. Four shells value. Photograph of the island at sunset by Jo Valentine. 

Please pm me if you would like a free copy. Thanks to Steve who kindly introduced me to how pm works!

Mark
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 07:25

And sorry I've given my email address wrongly above: it should be markl[dot]valentine[at]btinternet[dot]com. Please retry if you've already written.

Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 07:22
Hmm, having now checked the FAQ on uploading pictures, I don't think I can put any on here. I'm not all that digitally deft!

However, you can see some of the stamps on ebay just now: search for Rockall, Kokoarrah, Copeman Empire, Rayba etc, and then click on "see seller's other items" for the others listed.

Mark
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 07:13

Thank you for your interest in the stamps. In answer to the questions above:

The numbers refer to stamps, not sheets. No, sorry, I don't have any of the Discworld Rockall stamps. I'm afraid there isn't a place where the stamps are pictured, but I'll try to put some here.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>