Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Selling, buying or trading cinderella stamps > Market Place
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Strange Stamps: Mark Valentine & Colin Langeveld
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Stamps: Mark Valentine & Colin Langeveld

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange Stamps: Mark Valentine & Colin Langeveld
    Posted: 23 May 2011 at 19:08
Here is the start of a checklist of my stamp issues so far, under the overall title of "Strange Stamps".  I'll show whether each issue is still available, in which case forum members can have them for free. I hope this is a suitable use of this thread!

1  The Upware Republic.  August 2003 10 sheets of 72 unperforated, ungummed, home produced.
A stamp for a Victorian literary micro-nation based in a pub, revived in its centenary year. Available.

2  Shangri La.  April 2004 [400?] copies perforated gummed, produced by Jordan Printery, Washington State, USA. Used for a mailing of the newsletter of the James Hilton Society, Vol 1, No 14 (Hilton wrote Lost Horizon, about the Himalayan kingdom of Shangri La). Out of print.

3 Faerie Queene. December 2004 200 copies perforated, gummed, produced by yourstamps, Berlin [all subsequent issues so produced unless shown]. Poster stamp of Queen Elizabeth I with faerie horns, ears etc. Out of print.

4 Rockall Post.  February 2005, issued June 2005. 500 copies best described as "trials". Produced for a charity fund-raising expedition to Rockall for Mental Health Media. A slightly different version was produced by Discworld Stamps and used on covers. Available.

5 Isle of Axholme. June 2005. 200 copies. Offered free to readers of The Epworth Bells, the local newspaper for Axholme, an in land island in Lincolnshire. Out of print.

6 Hy Brasil. [July 2005?]. [200 copies?]. Based, with her permission, on the imaginary island nation created by Scottish author Margaret Elphinstone in her novel, Hy Brasil, a fine tale.  Out of print.

7 Dr Nikola. August 2005. 200 copies. Poster stamp, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the death of Guy Boothby, creator of the master criminal Dr Nikola. Out of print.

I'll post more here at intervals.

Mark V

Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 20:15
Part 2

8 Lost City of Z. August 2005. 210 copies. Commemorative stamp for explorer Colonel Percy Fawcett. Available.

9 Heligoland. January 2006. 200 copies. Commemorating the island’s period as a British colony. Available.

10 Rayba. March 2006. 500 copies. Celebrating M.P. Shiel’s fictitious North Sea isle, in the form of a fantasy Norwegian local. Issued in association with a new edition of Shiel’s book The Pale Ape (Tartarus Press) and used on parcels of the book.  Available.

11 Healey Post. June 2006. 500 copies. Local, accompanying copies of The Hotspur, the parish magazine of Healey, Northumberland.  Available.

12 The Bowmen. July 2006. 300 copies. Poster stamp celebrating the book by Welsh fantast Arthur Machen, creator of the myth of the Angels of Mons. Available.

13 The Great Return. August 2006. 300 copies. Poster stamp celebrating the book by Arthur Machen about the return of the Holy Grail. Available (the stamp, not the Grail).

14 The Inner Hebrides. August 2006. 300 copies. Designed with Thomas A Clark, Scottish poet and artist, for his Cairn Gallery, Fifeshire. Out of print.

Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 21:04
Part 3

15 Irrawaddy Canoe Expedition. September 2006. 300 copies. Fantasy issue for the voyage of Major R Raven-Hart by canoe up the Irrawaddy.

16-19 Southwold Christmas Post. November 2006. [500 copies each?]. Produced for the Rural Dean of Southwold for a Christmast post delivery service. Four values.

16 Angel 10p 17 Southwold Church 15p 18 I Saw Three Ships 25p 19 The Magi £1

There were also mini-sheets of the 10p and 15p se-tenant and the 25p and £1 ditto.

All values available but mini-sheets not available.

20 Ayles Ice Shelf. January 2007. 300 copies. Fantasy for a breakaway Arctic island. Available.

21 Thelema Post. January 2007. 400 copies. Produced by The Olathe Post, Colorado, USA.

Produced to accompany the pinpoint appearance of Aleister Crowley on a GB stamp (the Sgt Pepper issue). Franked with an ankh handstamp. Available franked or unfranked.

22 Green Monkey Redonda Expedition. Fenruary 2007. 306 copies. Produced for a voyage to the island of Redonda, near Montserrat, by the Green Monkey scuba shop and inn. Out of print.

23 The Copeman Empire. March 2007. 286 copies. Produced for the micro-nation based in a caravan in Norfolk, with the authority of HM King Nicholas I. Available.

lesprocol View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote lesprocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 03:52
please send me details of how to obtain your cinderella stamps..thanks
LES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 20:53
20 Ayles Ice Shelf. January 2007. 300 copies. Fantasy for a breakaway Arctic island. Available.

-----------------------------------------------
Mad Men Season 5 DVD
Grey's Anatomy Season 8 DVD
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 00:54
After a bit of a delay, the completion of my listing of Strange Stamps issued to date:

21 Thelema Post. January 2007. 400 copies. Produced by The Olathe Post, Colorado, USA.

Produced to accompany the pinpoint appearance of Aleister Crowley on a GB stamp (the Sgt Pepper issue). Franked with an ankh handstamp. Available franked or unfranked.

22 Green Monkey Redonda Expedition. Fenruary 2007. 306 copies. Produced for a voyage to the island of Redonda, near Montserrat, by the Green Monkey scuba shop and inn. Out of print.

23 The Copeman Empire. March 2007. 286 copies. Produced for the micro-nation based in a caravan in Norfolk, with the authority of HM King Nicholas I. Available.

24 Kokoarrah. Date not known. C.200 copies. Local for a sandbank near Ravenglass, Cumbria, celebrating Lewis Carroll’s reputed association with the area, and featuring a top-hated Jabberwock. Available.

25 The Coach Horn. April 2007. 400 copies. Poster stamp celebrating the instrument also known as The Post Horn. Se-tenant design, depicting a Coach Horn booklet and player. Available.

26 Asian Minor Screw Steamship Co. April 2007. 312 copies. Facsimile version of vintage stamp. Available.

27 Patagonia Motor Expedition 1912. May 2007. 274 copies. Fantasy version of a noted phantom stamp for a crossing of Patagonia by motor car by Mr Lionel Smith. Available.

28 Hands Off 2007.  June 2007. 400 copies.  Poster stamp issued for the The UK Theremin Symposium, a conference devoted to this electronic instrument. Some copies were on the symposium’s correspondence. Available.

29 Four Lords Isle. June 2007.  304 copies. Local for a tidal island, four paces wide, at Jenny Brown’s Point, Silverdale, in Morecambe Bay. Available.

30 Esperanto. April 2008. 514 copies. Poster stamp issued for The Esperanto Society of Great Britain to mark the UN Year of Languages, 2008. Some copies were used on correspondence for the society’s annual meeting. Available.

31 The Hidden Place. February 2009. 315 copies. Designed with Thomas A Clark, Scottish poet and artist, for his Cairn Gallery, Fifeshire. Part of an art project for The Hidden Place, a burgh in Fifeshire. Out of print.

32. Pendragon Society. March 2009. 240 copies. Poster stamp to commemorate 50 years of the Pendragon Society, devoted to matters Arthurian. Used on a commemorative mailing to members. Available.

33. Fast Incoming Tides. July 2010. 200 copies. Poster stamp depicting a National Trust shoreline notice. Available.

lesprocol View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote lesprocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 01:31
hi mark.

could you kindly send me 1 of each of any of your spare strange stamps...thanks ...les
 les proctor
5wychelm, colchester co28pr Smile
LES
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 03:12
Yes, a pleasure. I'll try to post them on Monday. Mark
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 03:25
Could you post up details about how to order Mark, others may wish to join in the fun. Do you have a web site with illustrations etc?
Mark V View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 05:09
Yes, please send a private email to me at marklvalentine[at]btinternet[dot]com, replacing the at and dot with punctuation marks as usual. I don't have a website.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>