Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Postal Oddities of Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 68>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2010 at 09:59
Originally posted by unohoo unohoo wrote:

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Steve - I got mine this morning and what can I say - just completely inspirational, wonderful, stuff - again - the complete package. 

Absolutely brilliant.

I am going to make a separate folder to collect all of your issues in. Fantastic, many thanks!

I'm surprised you hadn't already. I had.Big smile

I should follow suit too.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2010 at 20:23
I am not renowned for my organisational skills - outside of the workplace 

I have had so much else going on lately in my private life - but a little chaos helps keep me on my toes  Wink

At least thats my excuse!

Edited by Colin - 26 April 2010 at 20:24
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 01:01
Mine arrived today... I am now up to date, and I still think they're absolutely lovely boy...
I too need to start a separate Album for these and another for Pharos... and I'm running out of bookshelf space Again... something else will have to go.

Edited by Murgatroyd - 27 April 2010 at 01:02
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 01:30
I am contemplating my own album or presentation for these. Impetus was others' comments and Wilfred's excellent DW pages. I would like to tackle this in a novel way, but I'm sure that someone somewhere somewhen has already covered every form this may take. I'm open to suggestions.
There may be some more background information forthcoming too for anyone doing their own presentation/album.

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 03:02
At Stampex I saw the spoof Gibbons page you produced for someone else's stamps and I thought at the time it would make a great format for presenting stamp album pages. It was certainly good enough to fool some of the other collectors who were trying to see what we were all discussing.

You also have the very excellent 'askmeaboutstamps' online pages to use as a basis for an album presntation, and certainly that would make a good place to hang any extra background information for your stamps.

Personally, and completely selfishly, I would much rather you spent all of your free time creating more new Welsh Oddities than presenting the existing ones...  Wink
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 07:44
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Personally, and completely selfishly, I would much rather you spent all of your free time creating more new Welsh Oddities than presenting the existing ones...  Wink

for the same reasons some of us wouldn't complain if a certain someone gave up the day job and produced great stamps Wink
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 04:32
I agree with Steve.  Get a move on Colin.

The latest of Steve's Postal Oddities of Wales is now to be viewed on askmeaboutstamps.com  You'll find them here.

Eat something before you follow the link.  Since the stamps arrived I keep having to make myself Welsh Rarebits at lunch time.

Keith

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 05:20
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Since the stamps arrived I keep having to make myself Welsh Rarebits at lunch time.

I don't think Toast will find that amusing
Susanne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 23:55
I loved Wilfred's album pages!  You have created such wonderful background stories for your stamps, I'm sure you could really come up with something amazing.
kevin View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 00:08

I received a few more items from Steve last week and once again, was blown away by the quality and imagination of his work.

I am a member of a model making forum. A regular comment there when presented with top quality work by another member is ‘Time to give up’ indicating that while the work is inspirational and enjoyable, top quality work like Steve’s makes the rest of us realise our own shortcomings. Of course, I am just speaking for myself here and am not saying that anyone else is not up to standard.

Another point of course is Steve’s generosity with the amount of stamps and covers included with each posting.

Kevin.   Postmaster for The Gower Islands Postal Service.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 68>