Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mrs Sanderson Requests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 06:48
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

I doubt that even if the entire forum descended on The Sanderson Hotel we could replicate the chaos of the original event!

But it would be one helluva tea party!
With a memory full of ships, and seas, and perilous headlands, and the shining Pharos, he must apply his long sighted eyes to the petty niceties of drawing. - Robert Louis Stevenson
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 06:49
Originally posted by Hilary Hilary wrote:

I doubt that even if the entire forum descended on The Sanderson Hotel we could replicate the chaos of the original event!

But it would be one helluva tea party!

Mad!
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 06:54
Originally posted by watermane watermane wrote:

Sounds like Steve's work to me Wink

Another extraordinarily clever artefact and stamp, from the department of extraordinarily clever artefacts and stamps. (We know who you are - no use being coy!)

I know fingers are pointing at me, I can only draw your attention to negative evidence. I have not been to neither Warrington nor Bristol/Bath area for many months.And would I need to post one to myself?
Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 08:15
Originally posted by Keegan Keegan wrote:

However I'll have to disuade her from her original plan as I would much prefer to take her up the Orkneys.

Besides Mrs Sanderson objecting to this, this is a family forum. Wink
Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh until it's needed
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 08:23
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Originally posted by watermane watermane wrote:

Sounds like Steve's work to me Wink

Another extraordinarily clever artefact and stamp, from the department of extraordinarily clever artefacts and stamps. (We know who you are - no use being coy!)

I know fingers are pointing at me, I can only draw your attention to negative evidence. I have not been to neither Warrington nor Bristol/Bath area for many months.And would I need to post one to myself?

Double negatives and yes you would post one to yourself Wink
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 09:29
Colin's being very quiet... 
As it turns out most, (make that all), of my theories were wrong... But we had to start somewhere!
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:47

Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Double negatives and yes you would post one to yourself Wink

Actually its a triple negative.

And I wouldn't go to Somerset to post to myself. There's an envelope on my desk from another stamp producer postmarked Bath.
And who has done initialed stamps before?

phalarope View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote phalarope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 06:15
The one I received yesterday has the usual invitation then adds " She wishes to discuss the care and culture of her pet oysters with you."  It is then signed as above in Steve's post. The lower left and right corners contains "C" and "M".Postmarked January 8 from Warrington Mail Centre with a bilingual Welsh/English airmail sticker. 

My sleuthing is centered around the limited number of people that know my twin interests of oysters and modern Welsh philately, have my address (CA Forum folks and one or two here whose cinderellas I have subscribed to), and who have my name very slightly mis-spelled in their database.  Tongue

I originally suspected Steve, though others are possible...
Cheers -

phalarope

'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'

-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 07:42
Originally posted by Murgatroyd Murgatroyd wrote:

As it turns out most, (make that all), of my theories were wrong...

Actually, me too!

So, assuming Steve wasn't double bluffing in his denial, let's formally accuse Colin. At the very least we need to know who to thank Big smile
Hilary View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 08:49
I have reason to believe that Steve was at least double bluffing.  Probably quadruple bluffing.  If not more.

Steve - j'accuse!

PS - thank you!
With a memory full of ships, and seas, and perilous headlands, and the shining Pharos, he must apply his long sighted eyes to the petty niceties of drawing. - Robert Louis Stevenson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>