FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A selection of Christmas Seals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 01:18
Originally posted by Bas S Warwick Bas S Warwick wrote:

NZ Post did something similar in 2012
... and previously in 2009.

Bas S Warwick View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 22:16
Steve - great map panel

NZ Post did something similar in 2012

Anne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 11:37
Nice stamps - but maybe I am also biased. I have quite a lot of newer Danish Christmas stamps, from the 80 s and 90 s, but they are stored at my mothers house. I should try to find them some time.
I also have some from Greenland. When I was a kid, You used to get a sheet if you wrote a letter to julemanden (santa claus), who as everyone (at least anyone in Denmark) knows lives in Greenland.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 09:34
Looking for something different I just stumbled on these Denmark Xmas seals from 1962

An illustrated map (there must be term for this sort of map) of the old trades of Denmark. Each stamp can stand on its own, but each is a crucial part of the whole.

You can read the full story behind the stamps
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 09:38
Here's some Scandinavian Xmas seals

But I said I had an unsorted bundle. Here's some of it. Now when I have a couple of weeks to spare ......

This not the full bundle by any means!
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 05:07
I have quite a number of these in various form. Still need to sort through a batch of 100-200 Scandinavian ones, and have a selection of those from USA. I may have some scanned already, but will take a while to sort them out if I haven't. But if you're patient I will do it.
Bas S Warwick View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 20:54
Put you Christmas Seals here..........

Here's an 66 year old USA one I a picked up today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12