Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese Earthquake Relief Stamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese Earthquake Relief Stamp
    Posted: 17 March 2011 at 08:04
Right. Sit up straight and pay attention. This is serious.

Hilary and I intend to produce shortly a charity Cinderella to raise funds for the victims of the Japanese earthquake.

It is likely to take the form of a sheet of 15 stamps each stamp having a face value of £1. Hilary is doing the design, printing and perfing and I am doing the sales and distribution.

We have seen recent charity issues having a very poor take-up. This is serious and we'd like you not only to buy a sheet (or two) for yourselves but also go out and flog them to unsuspecting friends and family. £1 doesn't sound much does it? £15 doesn't sound much when confronting such an horrendous event.

I hardly have the resource to set up anything exotic by way of distribution systems. Ideally I'd like you to quickly get commitments from potential donors and then let me know how many sheets you can take.

I need this information quickly so we know how many sheets to print and perf. By Friday 24 maybe?

Payment will need to be by Paypal. I'll take the hit on the charges as part of my contribution.

Do you think that is a reasonable thing to ask? Do you think you can do it? Can we improve the approach do you think? I'm assuming that, if we act as a team, we can raise a sensible amount.
See the online catalogue of members' stamps at http://www.askmeaboutstamps.com
Carole View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 09:45
Count me in for at least two sheets.  

Could you go for a short ebay sale say 3 days with buy it now saying the numbers printed will depend on sales up to a reasonable maximum with the proviso that a second edition (different colour) could be produced if all sell out.

Just a thought!
Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 14:50
Put me down for 2 sheets also
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 17:32
I'll take a sheet... if you use the Personal section of send money on paypal and choose "Personal payment owed" there are usually no fees, If there are they are much smaller than a business sale.
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Quilpusha View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quilpusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 19:49

. . . three sheets down here in Middle Cornwall.

it's a brilliant idea, and I for one can offer nothing to improve the plan as is.

Well done to both of you.
Hilary View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 19:43
Come on people.  Can we do a bit better than 8 sheets?
With a memory full of ships, and seas, and perilous headlands, and the shining Pharos, he must apply his long sighted eyes to the petty niceties of drawing. - Robert Louis Stevenson
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 05:35
I did give everyone until next Friday to let us know. I assume they are all out putting the strong-arm on little old ladies to get promises of money. I'm up to six sheets. It doesn't seem many but if twenty of us distributed 6 sheets each that'd make £1800.

Keith
Anne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 07:28
Sign me up for three sheets, please.
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 03:42
Something Colin posted elsewhere made me think I should clarify myself here. 

I'm getting orders for these sheets by posts here, by e-mail and by PM.  So don't be constrained by thoughts that you need to declare yourself on the thread. 

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 04:45
You've all had long enough now so Rufus and Tanner on Pharos are winding themselves up for a printing and perfing marathon.  The sheets will then be sent to me and I'll send them out to you and collect the cash.

The sheet will be A5ish in size with 12 stamps.  So we've changed the cost to £12.

I've PM'd my Paypal details to those who have ordered sheets to date.

ALL the procedes will be going to the British Red Cross appeal.

Keith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic