Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discworld Emporium Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discworld Emporium Forum
    Posted: 22 November 2022 at 00:32
Is it just me ? 
The Discworld Forum appears to be down for the last two days
I get a message saying their server isn't responding 
and some people (including me) didn't receive their newsletter...

so I thought I'd let people know their Hogswatch issue is available
Rather unfashionably early .....
(Hogswatch is December 32nd)
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 02:28
All back to normal now as far as I can tell...  no longer any link to their Forum that I can see though - or am I just not looking in the right place?
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 03:22
Not that I can see either. It looks like they intend to start a new forum. The stamp catalogue doesn't seem to be accessible also. Very strange!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 04:44
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

All back to normal now as far as I can tell...  no longer any link to their Forum that I can see though - or am I just not looking in the right place?

My apologies, I thought the question was about the shop website, not the forum.

It will be a pity if there is a new forum as all the original history about Terry's involvement in the early stamps will be lost and it would have been helpful if notice had been given so that old threads could be copied. There are certainly some threads there that I would have liked to have copied.

And sad that old collectors like Peter Yorke and Larry Hart will no longer have their contributions recognised. 

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 11:57
Thanls for flagging up the Hogswatch issue. I have received no notification from the Emporium on this. afyer missing out on last year's Hogwatch due to a similar glitch glad it hasn't happened again. However I totally missed the Bilious and Bibulous issue having not had a notification. Don't think I will continue mentioning new relaeases on Facebook if they cannot get it together to keep me in the loop. They screwed up my account when I tried to order the Duchess issue with website updates.
Don't they know the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 03:34
just wanted to let you know....
The Emporium Imps are aware of the Discworld Forum problem and working on it....
but they say that " it may not be a quick fix "
 Post Reply Post Reply